I am 55 years old this year and as many individual would like to stay healthier, look better and be able to live with quality until late years. I am not from the health science field, however we have read, heard and watch different and multiple contradicting "health advise".
I will name a few:
1. Skipping breakfast makes you fat.
2. Eating frequently boosts your metabolism.
3. Eating frequently helps reduce hunger.
4. Frequent meals can help you lose weight.
5. Your brain needs a regular supply of dietary glucose.
6. Eating often is good for your health.
7. Fasting puts your body in starvation mode.
8. Your body can only use a certain amount of protein per meal.
9. Intermittent fasting makes you lose muscle.
10. Intermittent fasting is bad for your health.
11. Intermittent fasting makes you overeat.
The bottom line
Numerous myths get perpetuated about intermittent fasting and meal frequency. However, many of these rumors are not true. For example, eating smaller, more frequent meals does not boost your metabolism or help you lose weight. What’s more, intermittent fasting is far from unhealthy — and may offer numerous benefits. It’s important to consult sources or do a little research before jumping to conclusions about your metabolism and overall health.
In my personal quest the intermittent fasting has given me some good result: weight loss, more focus, better concentration and many benefits, also if you can imagine our ancestors they never had constant supply of food, they had to starve for necessity.